NAWP is an independent voluntary organisation that concerns itself with issues of special relevance to female pharmacists. Membership is open to men and women who are academically qualified in pharmacy.
The Association’s mission is to enable all women pharmacists to realise their full potential and raise their profile by being educationally, socially and politically active.
To achieve this, we:
- Contribute to debate within the profession and healthcare
- Represent pharmacy amongst women’s organisations
- Address Career, Returner and CPD issues
- Provide networking and fellowship opportunities
- Examine women’s healthcare issues
Specifically, we offer low-level continuing support by offering:
- A supportive network through its membership
- A mentoring scheme (‘buddy-support’, rather than the instructive or counselling type)
- The chance to be involved in small novel projects (in some regions)
- CPD opportunities (including a relaxed annual conference every April)
Detailed information can be found at www.nawp.org.uk